Movie review: Dark Harbor

5:51 PM Miss Kitty Heart 0 Comments

So I finally got to watching Dark Harbor and I wanted to share my thoughts on it with you all. 


General:
Director: Adam Coleman Howard

Writers: Adam Coleman Howard, Gretchen Hayduk-Wroblewski (script development)

Main Cast:
Alan Rickman as David Weinberg
Polly Walker as Alexis Chandler Weinberg
Norman Reedus as Young Man








Short: 
A bickering couple drive fast through a downpour to catch the last ferry to their island retreat. In a flash, they recognize a crumpled body laying at the side of the road after much argument they stop, only to find a young boy battered and bruised. An offer of summoning the police firmly rejected, the two help the boy as best they can although it certainly means missing the ferry... and so starts this thriller: a tale of twisted sexual attraction and ulterior motives

How I heard about this movie: 
I first saw the title on the IMDB page of Norman Reedus, as a big fan of Reedus I started to check out other movies he playes in but the title itself didn't really get to me. 
Second time I heard about it was when I came across a Boondock Saints panel where a fan ask him what it's like to kiss Alan Rickman and my attention was caught. I love Alan Rickman, he'll always be professor Snape to me but I just also love his voice. So I decided that perhaps I needed to check it out myself. I started searching for it on DVD but didn't find it anywhere so I kinda forgot about it until I came across that video from the BDS panel again. Since I couldn't find it on DVD I went back to my pirate self and downloaded it. (I usually don't download movies but if you can't buy them anywhere and you really want to see them you just do it.)

My thoughts:
It is a pretty twisted movie, it has a weird beginning and the thing that struck me most is this how one of the main characters doesn't even have a name (Norman his character in this case). It goes from weird to even weirder and just loved this. 

I just couldn't figure out the main characters, they're so strange and then suddenly they do things you don't except them to do. The plot of the movie got me to the edge of my sofa. 
I won't say much about the story itself in case you want to watch it and I highly recommend you all do especially if you love weird movies. This one really got me and I'll definitely watch it again very soon. 

If you want to see the movie trailer, you can watch it here.

Stills:



























My rating: 9/10 

 Have you seen Dark Harbor yet and what did you think about it?

Shana



You Might Also Like

0 comments: