Get Inspired

9:00 AM Miss Kitty Heart 4 Comments

Dream your dreams


Hey there lovely people and Happy Monday to you! I hope you are having a fantastic day, wherever in the world you may be.

It's that time of the week once more - when we aim to inspire and uplift. I love to write these inspiring posts and I love love LOVE to read the inspiring posts that people choose to link up with us. 

Inspire!
Grab a button and link up below!! If you'd like a different sized button click here.


Hosted by A Cat-Like CuriosityAll Saints Day & My Devotional Thoughts.

This week I wanted to share with you some thoughts I found lurking in my notebook. I always have my notebook with me in my bag, and in fact my current one is almost full! (Don't worry, I have three more ready and waiting to take it's place). I often click on links and watch video podcasts and take copious notes all about them. Because of the long journey across the sea to Ireland I was able to spend some time reading through my notebook and reconnecting with the inspiration, goals and ideas in there. It was so nice to look through the pages and pages of to-do lists (all done and ticked off - yay!) and the inspirational notes and ideas I have jotted down along the way.

I found so many ideas for new EBooks that I want to fully flesh out and explore, ideas for The CGS that I want to include on the homepage of the site and many, many other things. Ideas for handmade Christmas pressies - the whole nine yards!

The part of my notebook I want to focus on is a section I found entitled "How To Cultivate Your Creativity." There are certain parts of my notes that I am completely familiar with and that I feel I am working with and using each and every day. I listen to my intuition when I am creating and I am totally open to the idea that my creativity can, will and does form a wonderful business. I commit fully to my ideas and my gifts and I trust and know that I am doing the right things in my life and the right things in order to craft and hone my soul's purpose beautiful business.

There were a couple of things that I had kind of forgotten about though, that I think deserve to be focussed on and highlighted. They are things which will help me to overcome my perfectionist tendencies and allow me to try different things with my creativity and my blog and my business that push me a little further and force me to do things differently.

The first thing is this - this little sentence is powerful, laughable and shocking all at once:

Let yourself be ugly.


Funny, huh? But so, so wise and so, so true! Don't be a restrained version of yourself. Don't put yourself and your gifts into a nice, clean, sanitised box. Be who you truly are - warts, messiness, ugliness and all. In trying to be perfect we might stifle something wonderful. Something so creative and so totally us that the world needs and wants to hear.

We need to trust ourselves and our ideas in order to get the most out of them. We shouldn't keep ourselves or our ideas in a little box tied up with a perfect ribbon and bow. We should allow our thoughts and our souls the room to expand and grow in whatever direction they are longing to grow. Never mind if the direction isn't quite the one we imagined initially. That's no big deal. The important thing is to allow ourselves to be ourselves - not a watered down version of anyone else.

With that in mind, here are some actionable steps I am planning to implement myself in order to push my horizons and my ideas to the maximum. I hope you'll join me in implementing the ones that sing to your soul the most too.

Let your creativity go - try some intuitive painting or drawing if art is your bag, try to let your imagination wander in whatever you choose to do. Don't let any preconceived notions or ideas get in the way. Truly let your mind and your creativity go!

Value your ideas - write down your ideas when you have them, take the time to plan for them, then produce them. Use them to make yourself some money if that is what you feel called to do. Your ideas and thoughts are valuable - the world needs to hear them!

Faith and steadfast determination - this is where you put on your fear blinkers and just keep going! No listening to nagging little voices, no worrying about other people's perceptions of you. Certainly no comparing your life's gifts with anyone else's. It's you who is important here. Your ideas, your creativity.

Measure your impact - do you help people with what you do? Then keep on going. Do people give you good feedback about your ideas? (ie, blog post comments, emails, kind words or texts). Then keep on going. Don't get so focused on the idea or notion of success that you don't realise at all that in fact you already are successful!

Have a divine love affair with your passion and creativity.


Even more inspiring goodies

Now it's time for our featured linker of the week. I really love that people come over here and link up each week with us, and as a little thank you I like to feature one of the lovely linkers whose post really spoke to me. Would you like to be featured? All you need to do is to link up below - I pick out a different post to feature every week. This week I'd like to feature this post by Jordy Liz. It is a lovely post (and indeed a fabulous idea for a series) full of thank you notes to the universe. Jordy really focuses in on life's gratefuls and manages to pick out the best of the smallest and biggest things in life. Wonderful.


I'm an inspiration


Grab a button if you've been featured!

Now, before we get to your chance to link up I'd like to invite you to tweet all about this hop - I would love to see the numbers of people posting something inspiring on their blogs increase, and I'd love for all of those kind of posts to be linked with us each week. The more linkers we have, the more friends we get to make and the more inspiration we are spreading around the blogosphere! Just click on the little picture below to send your tweet out into the world :)

Tweet This Hop

Now it's your turn! Link up all things inspirational below. We can't wait to read your inspirational words of wisdom.

Have a great day people!

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm your newest follower!

    http://acasuallove.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post. New follower from grab a friend bloghop..
    www.accordingtosd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! New follower from the grab a friend blog hop!
    I linked up here too, I write an inspirational post every sunday :)
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Don't be a restrained version of yourself." I love that! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete