My first cosplay adventure

9:00 AM Miss Kitty Heart 1 Comments

Every year in October there is a sci-fi convention here in Belgium, it's the largest in Belgium and other than this one, there is only one other convention in Belgium and that Antwerp Conventioin in April. 


F.A.C.T.S has been organized every year since 1993 by Con-Fuse bvba, this is an organisation that promotes Science Fiction, Manga, Comics and many more within the "fantastic genre". 
It started out as place where people could by CD's, DVD's and the occasional model kit or collectible and grew to what it is today. Over 120 dealers from Belgium, France, Germany and other countries are selling their merchandise, collectibles and many other things at F.A.C.T.S. It's a way for diehard fans in Europe to complete their collections and discover new things.

Today they invite actors from movies, tv-series and a ton of comicartists but it wasn't always like this. They had the first actor at the end of nineties and had some grand names on their list such as Jean-Claude van Damme, Tom Felton, Norman Reedus, Sean Patrick Flanery, Julie Benz, John-Rhys Davies and many more. 

I've been going to this convention for 3 years now and I love it so much. It's my fourth year now and I finally took the big jump. Every year at F.A.C.T.S and almost at any other convention you have loads of people who dress like their favorite characters from movies or games and this year I'm tagging along with this idea. YES I'm going to do my own cosplay this year as none other than lady Lara Croft and I'm already SUPER excited. Thankfully I'm not alone in my cosplay adventure, my good friend Valérie from Scribbles of Valérie is coming along and is also going to cosplay beside me as Poison Ivy and perhaps another adventures will join in since my nephew is looking for a Nathan Drake from Uncharted costume. 



I knew from the beginning that it wasn't going to be easy and it was going to cost me a lot of money so I was prepared and started my brainstorming adventure on the internet. It was so hard to decide between classic Lara from the games or Lara from the movies, who is played by the gorgeous Angelina Jolie but I eventually made my choice and went for Angelina's Lara in the movie Tomb Raider from 2001. 







































Her outfit may look quite simple and easy to find, but believe me it's not. My ebay adventures thought me that buying a costume usually results in poor quality and I'm not up for that so I'll have to start searching for seperate pieces.

Why I love Lara Croft so much
She may be a rich girl but she always stuck to roots her dad taught her. She is strong and always stays true to her beliefs, she may be a tomb raider but she does it was respect and because she wants to learn and never to gain wealth or more riches than she already has. I love her adventurous nature and strong personality. Other than that I also love her weapons and outfit so much, it's black (I love wearing black, it's the main color in my wardrobe)  comfortable, useful yet still quite feminine.

Once I get the entire outfit together I will post picture and a lot more. Wish me luck and to be continued. I also have a pinterest board on this cosplay adventure.






All Saints Day is on:

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. I think it's going to be AWESOME!! I can't wait :D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete