5 Ways To Conquer The Morning

7:00 AM Miss Kitty Heart 0 Comments

I'm not a morning person. Absolutely not... I love staying up late and sleeping in but if you have to be at work at 8.30 a.m. there is no way of sleeping in. It's always been really hard for me to get out of bed in the morning, I snooze, set my alarm clock half an hour early so I can snooze and Rhassz is even worse than me, which does not help me at all. 

For some time I have been trying out some ways to get out of bed quicker (during the week and weekend) and I'd love to share them with you. 


1. It all begins with having a good steady day/night/sleep rhythm. I was the kind of person that would go to bed at a still reasonable hour during the week but would stay up until the morning during the weekends. Well this is the first mistake. 

During the week or weekend, it shouldn't matter. Get in and out of your bed at roughly the same time whenever you can wether it's tuesdaynight or saturdaynight. It will keep your mind and body in a good rhythm that isn't disturbed every five days. 


2. Don't snooze. This is really hard for me because I love snoozing so much. Set your alarm a little bit earlier (like five to ten minutes) than the actual hour that you have to get up and just get up when your alarm goes off. After a few times you'll get the hang of it. I also noticed that if this is too hard put your alarm clock on the other side of your room so you have to get out of bed to put it off or turn on a light. 

Snoozing actually just makes you more tired because you're being snapped out of your sleep every five to ten minutes and you'll never get back to that deep REM sleep in ten minutes that makes you less tired. 

3. During the weekends I often wake up just without an alarm clock but then I see the time and I'm just like "just a little longer" and put my head back down into my pillow. 

The fact that you woke up by yourself at quite a reasonable hour means that you're rested and ready to start the day. Falling back asleep increases the chances of being more tired and getting a headache or pain around your eyes throughout the day. 


4. Drink something cold when you wake up. 

I started drinking cold milk or water from the fridge after I woke up and I started feeling better and more awake after a few minutes. It's like your body is getting some kind of wake up shock from the cold drink. I do still drink my cup of morning coffee afterwards. 

5. Do not turn the heat up in your bedroom or take steaming hot showers when you wake up.

It may sound perfect, a nice cosy warm bedroom but it's actually very unhealthy to sleep in a hot room. Hot showers might also seem very relaxing but hot showers are actually bad for multiple reasons. It's bad for your skin, hair and you get sleepy again. A warm shower is good right before you get into bed because it just makes people sleepy.


Have you tried any of these tips before and do they work for you? 
What is your tip to get quicker out of bed in the morning? 


Coffee & Ink is on:

You Might Also Like

0 comments: