Coffee, ink and a long holiday

10:17 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I've been on quite a long blog vacation trying mostly to figure out what I am going to do with this blog. I already spoke about a big rebrand at the end of last year and I kept thinking that I was going in the right direction but then figure out that it's not true. I want to spend some real quality time doing this so I had to think. Long and hard since I want to enjoy this and put my heart into it as much as I can. I also actually went on a real holiday if that makes it any better.


My idea about what I want to do is still more of a concept but I would like to share it with you all. You all know by now that I adore the 1950's- 60's. Vintage and vintage inspired houses and clothing. Just the general lifestyle. I've always known that I was born in the entirely wrong era, even my husband says it. Changing your entire wardrobe, house and household into something that could look like you stepped into the 1950's-60's isn't something you do in a day or even in a week. I've been collecting and buying clothing that is vintage inspired for almost 3 years now and I still only have a select few dresses, trousers and tops that I think truly fit the flair and style. My house is a concoction of old and new. My kitchen is white and bright orange with vintage inspired appliances (I do also own some actual vintage appliances) while my living room is quite high tech with a big tv, playstation and all that.

In the past few weeks and months I've been making some slight changes in my every day outfits and life to give it some vintage flair because I think I've finally gotten over my anxiety to dress and behave the way I want on a daily base. My workplace is one of the hardest places I think since even though every one knows that I have this side, and sometimes I think my colleagues think that I'm out of my mind crazy, I'm not sure about it. I'm a very self conscious person and I think a lot about the clothes that I wear to my job, but I don't want to be one person inside that office and another when I come home or go out. I want to be that same person everywhere I go. 

I'm sorry, I'm getting off track here. What I'm really trying to say is that I've decided to make this blog a story and journey of how I become that person that I just talked about. Being the same person everywhere you go with some of that good old vintage flair. 


I want to achieve this by showing you my outfits, tips & tricks, house DIY's and everything that I can possibly find out about the era that I love with all my heart.


Miss Kitty Heart is on

You Might Also Like

0 comments: