Ahoy Tiki Sailor!

7:46 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I have always been a girl that has worn tight fitting pant, wether it be jeans, pedal pushers or cigarette pants. Everything always had to fit tight around my waist and legs. I have always admired those who wore glamorous swingpants and one of my colleagues convinced me that I absolutely had the right body and length to pull them off so along with my quite big order of Collectif Clothing items I also bought a pair of 40s swingpants from Dancing Days by Banned. 

I must say that I love them.. A lot!


The Stay Awhile Swing Trousers spoke to me out of a vast collection of trousers available on Topvintage because of the buttons that are applied on them. The anchors are just a subtle navy touch and I have to say that I am quite the sucker for such subtle details. When I saw those buttons and the fact that the pants are black I was sold almost immediately.

They are made from a polyester blend and are incredibly soft to the touch. It almost feels like wearing pyjama pants, that is how comfortable the fabric and fit is. The trousers are supposed to be tight around the waist and stomach and then travel freely in a straight line downwards. 
For these photos I combined the Stay Awhile Swing Trousers with this cute Pineapple Hibiscus Tie Blouse from Collectif Clothing. This beauty was on sale during the Collectif Clothing sale from Topvintage to celebrate their 7 years of friendship and I just had to have it. 

The blouse is made of 100% viscose and is heavenly to wear at the moment in the hot weather Belgium has been seeing in the past few weeks. The embroidery of the pineapple and hibiscus flowers is just absolutely beautiful. The only downside that I have found to this blouse it that because of the fabric you can easily see through it. So I recommend wearing a top or white bra underneath it to make this more subtle. I wore a white bra underneath it for these pictures and you can still see it peeping through. 
Both items are easily combined with other separates because of their colourscheme and adaptability with other pieces or accessories, which makes them both also great staples for any gal that is just starting to build a vintage/retro closet. 
I know that I wish that I had them both when I first started buying reproduction clothing. 
I am wearing the trousers and blouse both in size S. The blouse is a great fit for me. I can still choose to wear it a bit looser so I don't feel like I am being strangled at my waist while sitting down or stretching out my arms to grab something. The trousers where quite doubtable in this size for me since they fit me so well when I comes to length and around my hips but they were too big around my waist so I had to get out my sewing kit to take them in a few cm at the back. I cleverly used the appliqué on the back, which is also a great touch to the pants, to hide my stitching. 

The trousers are available from size XS to XL for €39,95 and the blouse from size XS to 2XL for €44,95. I purchased both items on the Topvintage Retro Boutique online

Full Outfit Details
Shoes - Second hand, Gabor

All pictures where taken in the comfort of my own home with a lot of help from my husband, which I am very grateful for. 




Miss Kitty Heart is on:

You Might Also Like

0 comments: