F.A.C.T.S. 2016 Fall Edition

5:36 PM Unknown 0 Comments


On saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd it was that time of the year again. F.A.C.T.S. the biggest Belgian Comic Con came back to life again. I love cosplay and cons a lot so of course we visited the con once again. 

Belgium isn't a big country but still we love our nerdy side a lot and F.A.C.T.S. has been around for many years. The first con was held in 1993 in a pub and it was just a small gathering of like minded people. Year after year the crowd kept growing and today it is the biggest comic con in Europe. F.A.C.T.S. is being held in Flanders Expo, Ghent and I've been a visitor for quite some time now. 

About three years ago I got rolled into the cosplay scene. I suddenly had the idea that I wanted to be one of the awesome people that walked around the con in their favorite characters. About 3 weeks before F.A.C.T.S in 2013 I decided that I wanted to cosplay Lara Croft. Since I didn't have a lot of time I started looking in my closet to what I had and what I didn't have and decided to do the movie cosplay. It was a grand succes for me, a lot of people asked me to take pictures with them and for me that's a succesful cosplay costume. The year after that I cosplayed Lucy Heartfilia from FairyTale, which was getting pretty popular in Belgium and again for me this was a grand succes, even though I don't really have to same body measurements as Lucy. 
I didn't have a good pic of my Lucy Heartfilia cosplay 


In 2015 F.A.C.T.S. announced that they were going to organize two cons in one year now. A spring edition and a fall edition. I cosplayed again as Lucy during the spring edition but now I didn't feel like doing either of my costumes again so I went as myself. It was a grand and fun edition but so very crowded. F.A.C.T.S. is now attrackting visitors that don't really have to same passion for the cons and cosplay and sometimes that bothers me but I guess that it's normal with the extra advertising that they have been doing for a few years now. 

We only went on Saturday and I'm really glad that I got to meet the amazing queen of cosplay Yaya Han. She was amazing in her Sheryl Nome cosplay from Macross Frontier. I never expected her to be nice or talkative but she actually made an effort to talk to all of her fans, asking them how they know her and how they got into cosplay. My heart was tudding out of my chest when I was talking to her and my hands shook like crazy when she asked me to write my name down on a piece of paper for the autograph. Finally she took a picture with me and I think I'm going to frame this one so I can hang it up one day when I have a house with a desk and a sewing machine. 


The spring edition of F.A.C.T.S. is on april first and second next year and I will be cosplaying again then. This time a whole new character ;). 





Coffee and ik is on:

You Might Also Like

0 comments: